Title: 彼氏彼女の事情 (His and Her Circumstances) ACT 0
Original Creator: 津田雅美 (Masami Tsuda)
Release Date: 10/99
I've had this CD for almost more than a year and a half, waiting until I the time to read through the manga and listen to it in a chronologically correct manner. This CD was a promo item that came with the monthly magazine, LALA, in October, 1999 (according to the KareKano Character Book). The October chapter was Act 39 in vol. 9 of the series (which I just finished), so it's only appropriate that I listen to it now.
I'm not supposed to know this, but the drama on this CD is included in manga form in vol. 10. However, the manga was published after this CD was released. In terms of drama CDs, this one has a pretty short story that has Yukino recalling some events that happened during their high school exam test where she met up with all the people who would later become her friends in high school. The story itself is nice addition, but doesn't add to the bulk of the story. In addition to the drama, there are also a bunch of answering machine messages and wake up calls from a few of the characters. For me, these are the highlights of the CD as some of them are hilarious. My favorite has to be Yukino's third one where she shows her polite and her true self.
Since this CD is not a regular retail CD, it doesn't have much artwork. The case itself is a plastic snapcase and illustration is only on the front. There are liner notes included with the lyrics to the intro song (same as the anime) and track listings.
2. プロローグ (Prologue): Yukino explains that this is her third year of middle school when she was still extremely vain and before she met all her new friends in high school.
3. SCENE1 宮沢家 (Miyazawa Family): Yukino tells her parents that she's leaving for the extrance exam with the goal of not just entering high school, but to be #1. Her family cheers her on.
4. SCENE2 有馬家 (Arima Family): Arima leaves for the test in a little more subdued manner.
5. SCENE3 街角 (Street Corner): Arima meets up with Rika, Tsubaki, and Aya. Yukino explains that this story is about the day that they first met, without knowing they'd be friends in high school.
6. SCENE4 受験会場内・廊下 (In The Testing Center, Hallway): While going to the testing center, Yukino is still obsessed with her quest to be loved and admired.
7. SCENE5 駅前広場 (The Plaza In Front of the Station): Tsubasa hasn't met up with Arima and gang, so they decide to wait a bit. But after some discussion, Arima decides to go back to Tsubasa's house to see what's up with her (remember, he has a test to go to).
8. SCENE6 路地 (Alley): As he's running back to her house, he bumps into Tsubasa. Tsubasa says she woke up a little late from stay up too late. Arima carries her and runs back to the testing center. In an exposition, Tsubasa says she wants to always be with Arima.
9. SCENE7 受験会場 (Testing Center): In the testing room, Arima pops in huffing and puffing. The interruption throws off Yukino's rhythm, but she tells herself to remain calm. They start the test.
10. SCENE8 女子トイレ (Girl's Bathroom): Maho is in the bathroom during a break in the girl's bathroom freshening herself up. Yukino offers her a comb.
11. SCENE9 廊下 (Hallway): Asaba is in the hallways scoping out his sheep and is shocked that they're all infatuated with some other guy (Arima), but then becomes with Arima himself.
12. SCENE10 試験会場 (Testing Center): After the morning portion of the test, Yukino falls asleep. She explains that she has a dream about high school and the experiences she'll have there. There's some person in her dream, but she can't make out his face. The clock chimes wake her up. Arima also has a dream. They finish up the test.
13. SCENE11 廊下 (Hallway): As Yukino is skipping home in delight, she passes by Arima and they have a freeze frame moment.
14. SCENE12 宮沢家 (Miyazawa Family): At home, Yukino boasts about her test.
15. SCENE13 レストラン (Restaurant): At the restuarant where Arima is after the test, Arima says he did well.
16. SCENE14 イメージ (Image): Yukino gives more exposition about how, despite liking Arima, he's still her rival.
(Comments are Closed)